The EMT-Refresher course fulfills the mandatory hours component of the National Registry EMT Registration and meets the requirements for EMTs set forth by the State of Connecticut. Students enrolled in this class will receive updated training on all emergency medical care skills. Instruction will be provided through varying combinations of lecture, practical skill based learn, and online self-directed learning. Students must complete any needed online self-directed learning prior to participating in this course.
CTTCI offers the EMT Refresher Program in the following formats:
- Traditional Learning – This is a classroom based setting with a combination of both lecture and practical skill learning.
- Blended Learning – This is a program in which most of the lectures are replaced with an online self-directed learning component and the student only has to come to a classroom for one weekend of skill based learning and testing.
- Refresher2U Program – We’ll bring our Mobile EMS Training Ambulance to your service or organization for either a Traditional or Blended Learning course. This is a program that can be set up as a flat fee closed course (only your service) or as a hosting site open course (public can attend).
- New CTTCI offers an easy, alternative pathway to completing your EMT Refresher. Each month CTTCI offers a two-hour module that covers specific topics like Oxygen Delivery and Pulse Oximetry, Stroke Management, and Childbirth and Neonatal Care. After completing 36 hours of CT DPH Continuing Education credits, students can then take the practical and written test. You can take all your CE courses through CTTCI or just select a few that you can then apply to your CT DPH Continuing Education credits.
CTTCI facilities include over 2,500 square feet of dedicated educational space, an outdoor classroom for specialized training such as vehicle extrication, mass causality events, and hazardous material training. In addition, CTTCI operates a Mobile Training Ambulance which is utilized to simulate the out-of-hospital conditions EMS personnel face and to educate students on safe emergency vehicle operations.
CTTCI’s training rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art video systems and computer conferencing equipment. There is a fully functional kitchen area that gives you the freedom of bringing your own meals or CTTCI can assist in catering to allow you to focus on the training you came for.
1. Must be a current or recently expired, EMT or AEMT
2. Must have access to computer and internet for online training. Online training must be completed prior to the final day of the refresher.
Reminder: Anyone whose certification has expired greater than 90 days can no longer provide patient care.
Dates & Times
Blended Learning Refresher: Online Lecture Series & Classroom Practical Hours
This Blended Learning Refresher course offers 24 hours of online CECBEMS accredited training and instructor led training focused on practical skills validation.
Students must complete any needed online self-directed learning prior to the completion of the refresher. You will receive your access code to the online material after payment has been received.
Connecticut Training & Consulting Institute (CTTCI), Portland
1116 Portland-Cobalt Road (Route 66)
EMT Re-certification: $215.00 ($200.00 for Affiliate Clients)
Payment must be received at least ten (10) days prior to the start of class in order to ensure you receive the material for the online portion of the class and have sufficient time to complete it.
For further info call: (860) 342-4382
Includes: Course Material and Testing Fees
Bob Ziegler – EMS Instructor for CTTCI, Bob has over 38 years of active EMS as well as Fire Service experience in addition to administrative, supervisory and management experience on Regional, County and Statewide levels. Bob has been a certified as an EMS Instructor for 29 years and a Licensed Paramedic for 28 years, both within the State of CT. Bob is also a certified EVOC Instructor, State Certified Fire Service Instructor 1, Safety Officer and Fire Officer 1, is an American Heart Assoc. CPR Instructor Trainer and Regional Faculty as well as an OSHA Certified Instructor and is also POST Credentialed.